Monday 5 July 2010

P = Preparation

There's an International Evening at my son's school tonight.

It's great fun; we international bunch of parents make food from our country which we sit around scoffing to a steel band that comes every year. The children play music, they sing, they play, we parents chat or don't chat if we don't want to, it's cool!

I am not going to drink. I love Al Cohol, I do, and every year I get a little bit tipsy, buy a couple of bottles of beer on the way home and ride on the feeling for as long as I can.

This year? Tonight? Uh uh. I'm going to see Dobbie tomorrow. It's the most important meeting of my entire plan and my plan has got to work.

I'm trying not to think about it and hoping the right words will come when I'm seated with him.

Six years ago I wrote him a load of letters but when I went to his surgery, he wasn't there. Glenda was.

I hope he's there tomorrow. I need his blessing and I need his permission.

He'll be there

Thanks Stiggers

No comments: