Wednesday 4 May 2011

Birthdays and Reunions

Back in January, an old, old friend from the School That Kicked Me Out, posted a message on Facebook suggesting that the Class Of The Last Millenium reunite, this year.

Ooh blimey! Haven't seen some of these women since the day I left the place. Others I have. It's going to be wierd and with any luck wild (one married a banker from KPMG I'm told and now lives in a 14 bed mansion... another pays someone £50 to sew nametapes onto her children's clothes...different world from my one must say... friend who was kicked out with me was a single mum then met a guy and had two sets of twins! It is going to be mental!)

Anyway, this reunion is planned the weekend after my Big Birthday Decade Change.
I wanted to mark my Big Birthday Decade Change but didn't know whether to book a place and have an evening do or something with my son. The decision got taken out of my hand.

I'm going to see it in. I'm going to wave goodbye to this decade you've caught the end of by having one final Picnic on the Heath.

The stress has already set in. In the dead of last night, not shadows that pursued me but shadows instead seemingly pressing down on me. I wished my son was next to me so I could feel some emotional connection, well, feel anything calm but alas...

I am inviting people from all strands of my life to this thing including some of the girls from Yestercentury...

Aaaargh!!!

Pressure!!

I'd say it beats the weight I feel being on benefits but you know, it's kind of same same...

I want to start drinking now...

Oh Nico Teen Nico Teen why did I forsake you?!

It's all good...

People, friends, celebrating...

It's all good...

Eek!

No comments: