Wednesday 2 September 2009

10:10

A simple idea to start saving the planet; cut carbon emissions by 10% by 2010. Brain child of the Age of Stupid director, Franny Armstrong (I think, my G2 copy got lost in the crowds yesterday)

I took my son to the Tate Modern yesterday where they were launching the concept. Annie and her lot had told me about it at the Big Chill and I thought it would be great to take along my boy. I texted some friends to see if they were interested in coming but none could make it. Then single dad Fletch texted and he said he'd come along, with a friend.

The launch was brilliant . The first thousand to sign up would get a glass of champagne. Mine got blown over by the wind. They were giving out 10:10 tags made from a recycled boeing 747 and they do look very cool.

There were speeches - Franny Armstrong is an empassioned speaker and very funny, honest, brave. If anyone could whip up the nation she could. Music from Stornoway and Reverend and the Makers (the Reverend was quite gorgeous must say), Sara Cox introducing it, all made for a fun afternoon (don't know what's up with me this morning, I can't write and my son wants my attention. I'll come back and edit. That's the beauty of blogging. Though will say you won't see my son in the picture in today's Guardian or on their website as he picked his moment to go to the loo just as the crowd were called up for their photo. I can't do website links on this, I am a luddite. Shame my son missed it. Everyone was given a piece of pink card to write their 10:10 wishes. My son had written "Save the bees, look after nature" on his.)

http://www.1010uk.org/

Sign up! Go on!!

No comments: