Wednesday 9 September 2009

Purpose of going to the Law Centre

Knowing how I do, in this Groundhog experience, that a lawyer cannot help me, there was little point in my going to the Law Centre this morning.

Last night I decided that I should put my trust in life itself; that everything happens for a reason, and that I should trust that the wheel of fortune did indeed turn in my favour last Thursday evening.

The reason therefore that I did go to the Law Centre this morning, is because this time round, I am a blogger. What is happening to me is happening to thousands of others. Back in 2004 I did not blog the injustice, the pressure, the fear that accompanies a Church, an organisation, or an individual choosing to repossess the property in which you are living. Pathmeads doesn't need a reason to do this to me, it just can in accordance with my tenancy.

My blog therefore, gives me a purpose, because the very name Stigmum signifies that I am not unique. That I blog about things unrelated to housing just means that I am human, I do have a beating heart and to only bang on about housing would drive me up the wall.

I hope my son and I come out of this; it will give hope to others in my situation. OK, I've only got four followers and very few hits, largely because I tell so few people so reluctant am I for people to put a face to these introspections. Stigmum could be any woman walking down the street. Her creed, her colour, her name doesn't matter, she is there (a hymn).

For your information, the lawyer told me that this was a first possession order. After the two month notice (ending on 18th October 2009) Pathmeads can accelerate its application to the courts. I do not need to attend for a written notice will land on my doorstep. I can appeal this but there is little point because Pathmeads is well into its rights. The council will provide me with alternative accommodation. No, it is not fair, yes, it is bad, agreed the lawyer but that is the law. I should bid for a permanent flat as much as I can in my time remaining. My chances of success are slim, but I should do so anyway.

I know and knew all this of course. You might not though.

I'm not going to think about what will happen to my son and me if we don't come out of this, the future is not mine to see. However, I shall continue to blog about it so that you can watch - if you have the stomach for it of course. Escapism is what people want, not a bleak reality. I shall try and keep things as light as I can though for no-one likes a moaner....

I'm fighting a war
And I've left my friends behind me
To go looking for the enemy
That says it cares for my family (Belle and Sebastian feat Stigs)

No comments: