Monday 21 September 2009

Lady Somerset Road Street Party

I was supposed to go to the capital's Freewheel event yesterday as I have done the past couple of years, but I texted my mate Charlie saying: "We're not coming charlie (sad 'smiley' animation). The clouds weigh heavy, blue skies will burn my eyes. Damn shame but next year definitely. Thanks for reminding me x".

A stigmamma mate phoned and asked me if I fancied going with her to the 10th Anniversary Lady Somerset Road Street Party. Sounded good.

Media parents and Juggling mum live on that street. Juggling mum organises it. She's a phenomenal woman, just take it from me.

It was brilliant. I barely saw my son who was up to all sorts with his friends. Juggling mum lent him some change of clothes after he got absolutely drenched by the fire engine hose. The kids were allowed a go on it; whoops and shrieks of delight. They tried to get me and stigmamma friend when we were coming back from the shops. Wine for both of us, pasta for me. I've no food in the house, none. We managed to dodge the sprayed water but it was close!

Later Juggling mum invited my son to dinner. I didn't ask her but was so grateful. It meant we could stay and watch the films.

Last night when I woke up, I thought "It's not the wine, this is happening to me everyday, try and sleep."

My son was trying my patience this morning. He wouldn't get dressed, then he wouldn't turn off the telly, then was absolutely devastated when his water bottle fell out of his hand outside the lift and got scratched. I held it together though.

Walking to school, we ran into Juggling mum. Her son let out a giant yawn. "My son too, we're all shattered!" We laughed.

No comments: