Monday 7 September 2009

Regeneration plans - your cash bulldozed

A flyer through my letter box about 'regeneration plans' in my hood. Tis interesting reading, hence I post about it here for your delectation.

Our libdem/conservative coalition plan to:

Demolish a local play centre which has JUST been refurbished at a cost of £495,000. That's half a million pounds of your money razed to the ground. They plan to build a 'chain retail store' and 'flats'. (Bye bye Queens Crescent market then)

Demolish the local housing office and recently refurbish TRA Hall to build a "major housing development incorporating a large element of private dwellings." (My italics, Councillor King talked about this the other night and I just shook my head)

Replacing the recently refurbished health centre. (Why bother refurbishing it in the first place?)

If it all goes ahead, where will the people live? I'm "homeless" already with a future up in the air but what about those who aren't?
If you don't care about that, you might care that your money goes to refurbish something that is knocked down within the year. A recession they're saying? Cuts in public funding?

Just thought you might like to know.

1 comment:

PippaD said...

It is crazy isn't it? I think as soon as one enters politics they leave all common sense and forward planning behind.