Sunday 27 September 2009

Julie & Julia

A film about a girl called Julie who takes it upon herself to cook over 500 of Julia Child's recipes, her heroine, in 365 days and blog about it. This is juxtaposed with Julia's attempts to learn how to cook and her road to getting published 60 years earlier.

I liked it (the men next to me didn't!) It's not usually my kind of thing so I was surprised to see so many single women, but it was a good distraction and I'm glad I went to see it.

Julie, the blogger, wants lots of followers, unlike me who is more than content with my five. Oh yes little miss scared of the council!
Julie, the blogger, has many meltdowns. I hear ya baby, I hear ya!

The plan was to go and watch it with an old school friend and fellow blogger but Mother Nature decided to visit and strangle her ovaries. Why does She do that? Is it not enough that we bleed? Perhaps it's to remind us we are strong. Hmmm, I dunno....

No comments: