Wednesday 30 September 2009

Flights of fancy

Yesterday's Mirror covered Peter Mandelson's speech. "We (heart) Mandy" screamed the headline. "From Prince of Darkness to ray of sunshine he vows: It's still up for grabs."

The paper quotes Mandy as saying "We can win for our country and win for the British people" and talked about helping "hardworking families" save.

I was in a cafe at the time and said to the woman who works there that I had written to Gordon Brown two weeks ago, asking to legislate "None of the Above" on the ballot paper. "Do you think they passed around the letter?!" I said it would be a good opportunity to send my letter to the Mirror but the risk to my housing problems were too great.

We had a good yarn, me and the woman, it was nice. When I got home I started to write the first draft of a poem.

I took myself to the Gossip Stop
Where I go when I feel shit
When my problems weigh upon me
And I should eat a little bit

I always have two eggs on toast
With a cup of tea
Sometimes a can of coke, no glass
then gaze inside of me

Today I read the Mirror though
Mandy's labour speech

And that's as far as I got, and once again, I shall quit while I'm behind.

No comments: