Tuesday 22 September 2009

Disobeying doctor's orders

Whoops. Decided last night that I would give the Council a rest for a few days but as I was coming home from the school run, I had the idea to call the King. In my head I planned what I might say should it go straight to voicemail, that he could lend his weight along with my MP and my efforts, seeing as he was an executive. I was beginning to feel discriminated against. There, I would say it. Out loud. It's a call, it's not writing, it can't hurt.

He picked up. At first I thought he couldn't hear me, was frightened that he'd snap his mobile shut, but no, it was fine, I got contact.

The line wasn't terrific at first. "What did you say would lead to corruption in the housing system?" Needing a framework to deal with people was part of the answer, presumably those like me for he went onto say about the 17,000 people waiting, all those that turn up to his surgery asking for help.

I mentioned the auctioning off of houses and he said that didn't directly affect the situation.
"Well it's affecting me," I said. He could explain his views on it. "It's ok, I've read them." He didn't feel I was being discriminated against. "Well of course you wouldn't." (woh, get me...)

It was a good conversation, which in truth, I did not expect.

He said if I felt I didn't have enough points he could look into that, but he didn't have the power to pursue every case, write letters (my MP floated into my mind. Where does she get her energy?)

Anyway, I latched on to the points comment like a monkey to a branch. Told him I wanted overcrowding points, I'm not sure we were allowed them on the homeless register.

He said he'd get back to me but he was currently having breakfast at a LibDem party conference. "Oh that's nice," I said, because it is - free food! All the street homeless should gatecrash! (no, I didn't say that...)

I thanked him for his time and then my support worker came round and he said he'd look into overcrowding points too, which is great.

Then I went into my email (not for facebook though, just because it was open for I'd read support worker the email I sent 'allocations' and 'needs and access') and a reply from OO7 sat there saying about the many people in similar situations. I hit the reply button before I could even think about it. The difference between me and shortlisted married mother last week? was my jist. Auto out of office reply with his manager's name on it, so I forwarded it. My doctor told me not to write to you but this is about my son's future, I need to do something, was my jist there.

Writing writing I can't stop writing. Me and Stigmum are ruled by Mercury, planet of communication. Maybe that's why. I don't know if it's going retrograde, or what Mercury in Retrogade means but it was my intention to sleep all day.

However, I will make a Herculean effort and go hang the wet laundry, put away the dry laundry, clear and hoover the carpet but first have a bowl of the boiled rice I made myself last night. I'll post about my growing paranoia another moment.

"Strike when the iron's hot" they say!

No comments: