Monday 21 September 2009

Got the shed but can't use it

I was so excited on Saturday when I got back from Notting Hill (I'd cycled to Kentish Town then got the tube, I'm not Wonder Woman you know!) The lift was on the blink but I had the keys and a free padlock for the shed!

We found it, but oh no! It didn't have the bit that juts out so you can lock it. I didn't want to risk putting my bike in there. A dad in the block told me not risk it either. Not so long ago someone broke in and tore the metal wiring from another shed and made off with the things inside. They've changed the locks since, but still.

The dad carried my bike up for me. He's the second dad this week to do that for me. There are so many nice people in this block. Even my next door neighbour with her car crash past, if only she'd realise it, not think instead that I look down on her.

I went to the housing office but woman I hugged on Friday wasn't there yet. She's just called me back and said she'll talk to the caretaker, see about getting me another shed. I thanked her and told her I'd have to walk to my doctor's appointment because I've no physical energy to lug Zat bike down them stairs.

I shall float to Kentish Town. Put lead weights in my feet so I don't topple over. I never changed my doctor when I moved because I liked the one I had at the time and I like the one I have now. Sometimes you just want some things to stay the same.

No comments: