Wednesday 16 September 2009

New kitchens? That's nice....

I coming back to Papier Mache Towers after the school run and there's a van outside the block with a man taking things out from it, cabinets? As I haven't finished my cigarette, I sit on the wall.

"Are those for the empty flats?" I ask.
"Yeah," he says and I tell him I've bid for one of them. We chat abit and then I point at the cabinets and ask "What are they?" because I can't work it out.
"New kitchens for both flats," he replies.
"I hope I get one of them," I say, stubbing out my fag.
"Yeah good luck" he says.

I walk into the foyer as a tenant walks out. "New kitchen's, new bathroom, that's nice.." said not without a whiff of sarcasm.

Indeed matey, for didn't the King say it would be three years before the Decent Homes Programme got here? I didn't say that to him though, just fraction smiled in agreement. And anyway did the King say that? That Thursday night at the residents meeting, my lights were on but no-one was home. Bit like now really.

The viewing of that flat is on Friday I saw on the homeconnections site last night. I'm 77th or something. I have until tomorrow to get my boy up to number one. I don't want to call the council today, I've no energy, but I must find the will. OO7? I hope you pick up.

No comments: