Wednesday 30 September 2009

Crisis Teams

My GP called yesterday, saying she'd received a note from Dishy Shrink and was I ok? I told her I was, racing around trying to sort out my son's birthday had lessened the weight of housing problems on my Motherboard.

She asked me if I wanted the Crisis Team to come and see me. I was quite surprised by this and told her because I was not a suicide risk, I wouldn't usually be the kind of person they help.

Besides, I continued, I'd only see them if they could sort out our housing and well, that wasn't their job. We chatted for a bit and I told her I'd see how I feel next week when I see her.

Then today, shrink I will be seeing in two weeks, sent me one of those questionaires to fill in of how you're feeling and to be quite honest, I'm quite appalled.

It asks if I've been bothered by any of the listed problems in the past two weeks. You circle 0 for not at all and 3 for everyday. If we take out my writing writing writing this blog, things like anxiety, worry, sleeplessness, fatigue, poor appetite, crap concentration, manicness, fear, all get a "3". Fortunately violence towards myself or to others gets a "0" (if you take out smoking that is). I'm also not afraid of social situations which is good, although I have isolated myself a bit.

Fuck! Maybe I should tell my GP to send the crisis team after all. I mean I'm so cotton pickin' tired, they might tidy up for me. This place is in a right state and all I can do is lie on the sofa to claw enough energy to cook my son's dinner. Mercy, mercy how do others cope....

They tell me go to rehab and I say 'yeah yeah yeah if it helps' (Amy Winehouse)

3 comments:

PippaD said...

Hugs and may the housework fairies find their way to yours tonight!

Stigmum said...

Thank you!! Tooth fairy came for my son: "She didn't wrap the money up in foil like she usually does," he said. "Oh maybe that's because there are lots and lots of teeth she had to collect last night and she didn't have time," I replied. I shall blog about fairies and santas when the time feels right, in the meantime, I'll look out for the housework fairy!! Take care x

Anonymous said...

I've filled those questionnaires in and they always drove me mad. Don't stress about the housework. When you are feeling better you can tackle it a bit at a time.