Thursday 3 September 2009

Defeating defeatism

I don't want to go to bed with that little post on my mind because I want to wake up tomorrow feeling ok. I've also just gone to the Home Connections site to see what's there to bid on and it's two towers far from the boy's school. The other three properties are housing association but not near me anyway. No street properties.

But hey, I've titled this defeating defeatism. This is how I'm going to do it.

I bought back my flute from my parents. I played when I was at school. I have two music books and recently, when I've been feeling glum, I've taken my instrument out of its case and I've played. It feels so good!

Earlier I looked in Argos' Laminated Catalogue of Dreams to see how much a keyboard would cost as I've bought back my old piano music. Be good to tinkle out a few tunes there, teach myself again with the foundation my parents gave me. Old beginners books I can give my son, give him a foundation too? At £100 the one I've seen is expensive but could the ex get our son one for his birthday if I chip in a little bit?? Could I move into a bigger place so there'd be room for one???? I have the flute, I have music I can make for the time being. I might even get lucky and find an amateur orchestra.

I bought another angel book off the internet for a tenner. Positive affirmations.

I have places I can go when I feel defeated which aren't at the bottom of a bottle. I should go to them more often.

I'm going to go back to Barry's Boot Camp.

I'm going to build up my strength.

The only way is up (Yazz and the Plastic Population)

No comments: