Monday 14 September 2009

The King responds

I've called him back about five times already, my calls always going straight through to voicemail. so I left another message just once. I must have been dialling him when he called me back because I was alerted to a voicemail message on my phone.

He said he was at work today and couldn't take calls but would be in touch. He said he couldn't fix up the allocations system just like that anyway as councillors don't have that power.

I called him back, left another message saying I knew this but he did have the power to put pressure on the people who do operate it.

I've asked him to take on board my son's case. This man who with Nail'er is auctioning off council properties. I can't quite believe it myself.

I also contacted the Big Issue, to ask if they could recommend a good lawyer who would be prepared to take a case like mine under legal aid.

I will not keep stalking the King by voicemail this morning. Just one last message at a minute past 12 saying if my son isn't shortlisted today, then this system is flawed.

The doctor's seeing me at 12.40. Not a moment too soon I'd say.... I could bore all my friends with this stress but I'd rather not. Do you think I'll laugh about it all one day?

No comments: