Friday 4 December 2009

A coincidence... so soon!!

It may seem small, but as I was about to attack the kitchen, a big dilemma....

Do I take out the recycle sack first to clear space or start in the right hand corner with the washing up and the rest?

I look at one, go to the other, look back at the sack then think, do the bloody washing up then take the bag then come back and do the rest. Hands covered in suds, looking at the recycling, not sure I've made the right decision (for if I don't do it now, I never will...), the phone goes:

"In 1972 a crack commander of a unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit..."

It was Jab! "I can see your place," she says. "Are you in? I'm waiting for a family to turn up and they're late and was wondering if you fancied a chat for 15 minutes."

"Yes, yes! I'll take my recycling right down!!"

Ah the hug! A real hug! A nice hug!

We sat in her car and chatted and oh how I wish I had a tape recorder or fantastic memory for her story of the Eritrean mamma in a hostel (I had my 30th in the basement of an Eritrean restaurant in Oval. Bloody marvelous it was!)

Jab works with disabled children and the family she was visiting, mum and dad are disabled too, but they tend to forget about the appointments, which they did today.

Jab gave me a lift home (!!!) and not only did she give me some money for the Big Issue walk but she asked if me and my son were free next saturday as there was a family pantomime going on, all of my son's old buddies of our Kentish Town living days are going.

Now this is a coincidence too, as I've been thinking of taking my son to something, but didn't want to take him on his own!

Oh I went back to that kitchen and thought nail it mamma. I hollered to stigmum as I scrubbed:

You come in colours everywhere
You comb your hair
You're like a rainbow
Coming colours in the air
Oh everywhere
You come in colours!

(Rolling Stones of course but stigmum's saying "Do I? Comb my hair?)

It took me all day, my galley can't sit in it kitchen. I lied when I said I've neglected the flat for days.... it's been weeks, the kitchen... oh I daren't think.

It wasn't even finished when I picked the nipper up from school, but he didn't notice, love him, he just said "Wow!"

It makes the horror job all worthwhile!

No comments: