Monday 7 December 2009

Treasures on the internet?

My mother calls me at 11 am and apologises for waking me up.

"Oh you didn't," I croak. "There's been a rainstorm banging its tune against the window since half past 6 this morning. I'm going to have a cup of tea and go back to bed."

As I switch the kettle on, I also switch on my computer! The guy last night didn't make me feel like a freak. I need more experiences like that really and go further each time, though it would be nice if it was with the same person. It would be nice if I found my Knight In No Armour, even nicer if I recognise him once I do.

The Internet! I have three days! Two and a half days! And then no more, for I do prefer meeting people in the Real World.

MakeHay has responded! He is moving from Richmond to another place in Richmond. Ah! I say to him. I passed through Richmond last night, we could have met for a quick drink before I headed off to Putney.

I have another message from a man called ForbiddenFruit. Does good music make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up? Yes, yes it does!

He's into all kinds of films, what was the last film I watched? Johnny Mad Dog I tell him. I usually go on my own, but that time it was with a friend. (I was quite relieved that I didn't have to say Cloudy With Meatballs but Johnny Mad Dog was after my son's birthday)

He's a member of the BFI. Am I? Am I a member of anything? I'm a member of the School of Doris I tell him. As to whether I'll be a member of anything in the future, well que sera sera!

"Will you shine a light on me?"

What?!

"Will I shine a light on you? Only if you are carrying the torch!"

Well, ask a mental question, you get a mental answer!

Instead of surfing for my Knight in No Armour, I log out. I saw a Facebook message in my inbox. I wonder what that's all about!

No comments: