Monday 21 December 2009

My mindfuck equally speedy response

Dear Quality

Thank you so very much for replying so quickly. It is clear and I will ask [my support worker] about the Active Bidding Scheme. I can only assume my points are too low for this.

Quality, three years ago when I was shortlisted I had less points than I do now, and no doubt people had more points than me who weren't shortlisted. Do you understand? Please tell me if you do.

This is a very confusing system. I see people who are shortlisted with less than me, who have only been waiting since 2009 with more points than me. This confusion plays havoc with my mental health. Next year I begin a two year psychotherapy programme. The council has a letter from an old psychologist saying my son needs his own space from me while I go through all this. The council has a recent letter from my doctor.

I hope my bids are successful and soon. It would be amazing to start 2010 not worrying about housing, in August being terrified about it and starting 2011 still worrying about it. Thanks again for your email.

Kind regards

Sue de Nim

I didn't ask about intentional homeless that the hostel mums told me they experienced because I'm not in a hostel and I have also met a mum who went on holiday to Italy for a week from hers and she was still there when I called her a few months later to tell her what I'd written about her in my dissertation.

No comments: