Thursday 17 December 2009

"Get over it"

You've heard the phrase "Get over it!" You may have been dumped, you may be suffering a bereavement, I dunno, there are tons of things we human beings have to 'get over'. For the good of our friends, families, colleagues, we have to 'get over it' pretty damn quickly.

Some are very good at this. I am not one of those.

This does not make me a "victim."

My recent housing experience was a psychological earthquake for me, 9 on my Richter scale. I do not know when its tremors will stop or when a mini magnitude 3 earthquake will rupture my day (tis Thursday though, bidding day, so it does happen weekly).

I am not alone in enduring these seismic waves. 18000 people are waiting for a council flat in this borough.

We are all fecking 'victims'.

So just like this is my home but it's not, I am a victim but I'm not.

You might be a victim but you're not.

Yeah?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can very well understand your state my friend.Even I have gone through this kind of situation.Till date as soon as I recall that time all those terrible memories get awake making me sleepless for the rest of the night.
flat to rent london

Stigmum said...

I understand you too. I told doc that by day I try not to think about things but they only bleddy come to haunt me at night. I really really hope you never go through this situation again. Take care x