Wednesday 2 December 2009

It's so bollocks, hope is all that's left

I went online last night to check if I had Swine Flu and popped into my inbox for no reason other than 'why not'.

An email from allocations telling me my points have been reviewed and are 'correct'. She looked at my last eight bids and saw that there were 'two' who'd only been waiting since 2009 (I told you there were more than that reader...) That these were awarded the "highest harrassment priority" (I thought they weren't allowed to say, and anyway, it doesn't explain all the others with more points who have waited less time)

In short, her email tells me that I am fucked. I have no chance, nil.

Don McLean's American Pie song came into my head

"Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step"

But in my fog, the music doesn't die, I remember that Mr Muppet* is making enquiries. Oh he'll be led to her and he'll come back to kick me in the teeth but one must have HOPE. No? HOPE!

So I have a new fantasy. A fantasy of the Leader of the Council and all his friends singing, to meeeee!

It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet us muppets
On the muppet show this month

It's time to put on make up
It's time to dress up right
It's time to get things started
(Oh I'm happy to watch it)
Stigmum we'll get things started
On the most sensational
Inspirational, celebrational, muppetational
This is what we call helping you out!

(The Muppets featuring Stigmum)

*I shall not call the Leader of the Council Mr Muppet anymore. Stigmum's had her fun, so while she's down I revert it to simply Leader of the Council and carry on hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Writing Sally said...

Sorry, this sounds truly crap. Hope is good stuff though, cling on to it for as long as you can x

Stigmum said...

Thanks mamma,will try!