Thursday 3 December 2009

Visit to the doctor No 4

Got the wrong day! Doh!!

Dragged my corpse by foot as my limbs wouldn't be able to multitask on a bike, got there and said "Doctor Very Nice please." And they said: "Your appointment's not until next week."

I looked suitably wretched so when I said I thought I might have flu they told me to go upstairs and see the nurse on duty.

My body. Wow! My body! My incredible body!

Temperature: Normal
Blood Pressure: Low
Pulse: Normal
Chest: Clear (Nico Teen has been a constant companion; I cannot eat but I can inhale)
Stomach: Hollow

She said to drink lots of Ribena and flat coke to replace salts in my body and to come back if the squits don't stop. My true appointment is next week so that's good.

She said I might feel pukey and weak limbed and tired for another week. "Oh no!" I said.

"Was it Swine?" I asked. "Maybe," she said. "Usually it comes with a high temperature with two or more symptoms."

A Swine is not a Bug; a Bug is not a Swine. Although of course a Swine is a Bug in Flu Land.

She asked if I had a message for my doctor. "Yes," I said. "Tell her to get me a social worker. I am sick and tired, tired and sick of this housing situation."
"Will do," she said.

I left and lit a cigarette which was nestled in my back pocket then went to the supermarket and bought some satsumas. I have been craving any relative of the Orange family.

I have been sleeping all afternoon, classic fm carrying my dreams. Son is at a playdate at Mum on Whose Shoulder I Dropped My Head. She's bringing him home! Oh to invite her in but flat has been sorely neglected for three days and she might faint if she steps foot in it.

No comments: