Friday 4 December 2009

I'm so proud I want to boast!

My son came third in the Christmas Disco Dancing Competition!!!!!!!!!

Dressed in the little elf suit he was given for his third Christmas here on Earth, he collected his prize of Haribo sweets!

Last year he came nowhere. Upset that his friend won a prize he'd asked why he didn't get one.
"Because," I answered at the time, "while you were running around with your friends, he was actually dancing!"

He danced like a demon at the Valentines Disco, but there was no competion then. He danced his socks off at the Halloween Disco, but they were looking for best costume (oops).

Today I watched him as the Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Boom track played, one of his favourites. Here, at home, he goes all out with his moves, break dancing on the carpet, all sorts.

There in the school hall, he swayed, tapping one foot against the other like a nonchalant teenager, while his friends all ran around.

"He takes after me," said the Foca laughing.

"At home, he takes after me," I replied. Well he does!

Oh my little boy's face looking at us as he accepted his prize! Grinning in utter surprise!

I waved my beautiful son off in a taxi and I've come home to have a celebratory beer in his honour (OK, it also numbs the loss a little bit cos I made no plans cos of Swine Bug)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's a real star! It's great to read such a proud post, you obviously love him dearly.

Stigmum said...

Thank you Rosie, he is! And yes, I do love him so so so so so much, as I'm sure you love your funny daughter!