Wednesday 2 March 2011

The cost of self neglect

Yesterday's root canal work on my gums is an experience I don't want to repeat.
I hate injections
I am also one of those who needs quite a bit of anaesthetic in order not to feel any pain.
I was told to stop hyperventilating as I was losing carbon dioxide or something, I don't know, I was just told to calm down.
I didn't feel the work the dentist did, that was fine.
It was afterwards when he told me I wouldn't have to come again once, I'd have to come again twice.
Later, when my jaw began to denumb, I experienced excruciating pain, not just at the back of my jaw, but also around my head. I went to buy some painkillers. I've had to take two more this morning.
On Friday I have round two of this root canal work. "Best get it over with," I said.
Next week round three.
I cried last night.

This morning I chatted to the guy that runs the coffee shop.
He had to do SEVEN rounds of root canal work to clean his decayed nerves.
He felt the ache in his jaw and just took painkillers until his jaw could take no more.

So I'm kind of lucky with three....

No comments: