Tuesday 1 March 2011

You are greater than the sum of your parts

A dentist at an emergency appointment last Friday told me that today at 10am, I would need to have a filling replaced as decay has formed in my gum. He told me there was a possibility that I would lose my tooth.

I did not sleep last night.
The great architecture of my body was collapsing, bits breaking off and crashing to the ground and my voice was saying, over and over

I am greater than the sum of my parts
I am greater than the sum of my parts
I am greater than the sum of my parts

If you are really frightened about something, anything, like I am of the dentist, of dental work, then repeat this to yourself.

I don't know if it helps, I just now that it has to.
So I shall believe it.
You and I are greater than the sum of our parts.

No comments: