Tuesday 29 March 2011

NUT Strike!

When my son's class were all told last week that they'd get a day off tomorrow they all cheered!

This morning my son, once again, was very excited! He said we can do whatever I want to do tomorrow and I thought how lucky I do not work.

We could join another protest!

2000 Camden NUT members are going to strike against government cuts along with 2000 teachers from Tower Hamlets and 3000 Unison council members.

Or he could come along with me to my voluntary job meeting (it's not work, that's why I'm being forced onto jobseekers) which is taking place between 10 and 12 tomorrow morning. This the email I sent to my "boss" this morning after she said I could bring my son along to the meeting:

Aargh, I feel pulled in two as I want to come because I want to contribute to the website more but I also feel I should use the day to take him to the science museum or something. Let me chat to him, I could say he's part of it and can give some of his own ideas?!
I just don't know (unfortunately I'm in that swirl at the moment, probably the spirituality book I've been reading....)!
Thanks (Boss),
Best to you
Sue


She's sent back the minutes but I have discovered the protest march is taking off from Camden at 10 am tomorrow morning, from her place of work to the Town Hall!

I've invited her to join!

Vince Cable said on Sunday that the marches and protests would make no difference to the economic foundations of the country.

Well, we'll just have to see about that won't we?

No comments: