Monday 21 March 2011

I have three landlords

I have three landlords.

The obvious can take so long to articulate.

I had three landlords in my last place.

Dawned on me properly at the weekend when people asked me if I was a council tenant or a private tenant. "Neither. I have three landlords."

The council
The housing association
The property owner.

If the council wants to cancel its lease agreement, me and my son are out on our ear but at least they have a duty to house us.
If the HA wants to cancel its lease, me and my son are out on our ear.
If the Property Owner wants to cancel its lease, me and my son are out on our ear.

When the man said: "Oh you poor thing," I hadn't even articulated that.

You'd think with three keepers you'd be more secure wouldn't you.
No
With three keepers you are just as vulnerable as with one

No comments: