Monday 22 February 2010

Change of plan!

My doc called and we're meeting next Monday and I was just starting to post bits of my weekend when I thought, call my mamma!

Sat back down to type and my support worker has just called. I've told him I'm in the local paper. I've told him I had a breakdown and I'm angry that the council has consistently ignored him when he's tried to talk on my behalf. "This wouldn't have happened if I'd been housed."

Lease End has sent me an email but I can't deal with that right now (but here, I'll copy paste it here to remind me to answer it)

Dear Sue,
Following our meeting on 9th February it was agreed that I would look into whether you could continue in your current property beyond the lease end date in August.


We have spoken to the landlord of the property,[] who has told my colleague [don't know her]that she does not wish to continue in her agreement with Pathmeads. Unfortunately this means that as it stands you would need to leave your current accommodation at the end of the lease.

It was also agreed at the meeting that [support worker] would arrange for you to meet with a client who has been through our Private Renting Scheme. [Support worker] has identified a client who is willing to show you around their flat and talk to you about any concerns that you have about the scheme. [Support worker] had also arranged for you to view a 2 bedroom flat in Belsize Park when it becomes available.

[Support Worker] has told me that you no longer wish to meet with our client nor view the property and do not want to consider PRS as an option. I am sorry to hear that. I am copying [Support Worker's] line manger,[don't know him either], into this email.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.


Regards

Lease End

I know it's sleety snowing outside but I'm going to go up to the Heath, or maybe the Gossip Stop. Don't know, I have to buy some electricity first.

Either way, I'm not playing music here at the moment because I don't know what to choose in order to calm down a little.

Ordinarily I would reply to a council email straight away but I need to get out.

I have to be at least a little compus mentis when I meet the editor later. I'm nervous about it, but did tell him last Wednesday that "I could get into a whole heap of trouble".

Staying in this flat will do me no favours whatsoever.

No comments: