Wednesday 24 February 2010

Children tweaking Cheryl Cole

I want to post this quickly because I'm going to stop blogging for the day in a minute and because it's so topical, well why not now?

Last Thursday, when I believed the paper was breaking the story, my son woke up and sang to me:

"You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for a council flat!"

I laughed! I'm the song re-tweaker in this family I thought!

Later that afternoon, totally independently, my neice also sang to me:

"You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for a house!"

"Wow!" I said, "your cousin there sang the exact same this morning!"

I'd seen Cheryl Cole floating in the headlines but on Sunday I bought the Mirror for something 'light' to read.

"Cheryl," I thought. "You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for yourself!"

She knows that of course. What I don't know is, how on earth she deals with the media spotlight on her when her life might not be what she wants people to know.

You're a brave woman Cheryl!

No comments: