Sunday 28 February 2010

The Church of the Immaculate Conception

At the Church of the Immaculate Conception on Farm Street in Mayfair they do a beautiful mass sung in Latin on a Sunday morning.

I woke up so early, better rested though, sleeping foetally on my son's firmer mattress (I've convinced him to go back to his bed and asked if I could sleep on it while he's been away)

Good idea I thought to go to Church after the hard, hard week I've had. Great idea to go to a beautifully sung service.

Bugger to find it though.

Luckily I bumped into a couple with GPS. I still got lost but eventually found it!

Half an hour until service. It was raining so I took cover under a hotel canopy so Nicoteen wouldn't get wet.

I looked where I was; The Connaught Hotel. A posh one that one.

How much is a cup of tea in there? I wondered. I popped in and wrote this.

A cup of English Breakfast and a cheeky chocolate croissant set me back £9...

I'd wanted to break the tenner so I could put a few coins into the collection basket. The Church could only get a quid now.

Oops. Well, never mind. I've never claimed to be a Good Christian now have I?

No comments: