Sunday 14 February 2010

A mad week in politics....

Just thinking, on Wednesday I didn't post the email I sent to Tory.

Given the week I've had, which in a way is absolutely mental and I couldn't make it up if I tried, here is the full email... mad mad I tell you.... I don't know what to make of it all....

Hi [Tory],

I was thinking of you and my son this morning.

In terms of you, in another world it would be great to sit with you and have a debate about housing. Your decision, for example, to give more points to long term residents of the borough, is a good idea even though sadly, swooping in from Wandsworth, my son and I can't benefit from it. I give this example to say, that in this other world, the debate wouldn't be an attack. It would look at the situation. It needs to change, but how?

In terms of my son, I was thinking that if we move, if we do this prs thing, then that will be the fourth home he has lived in since he was born. That means on average, he has moved every two years and the moving is not over, another lease end awaits. On and on it goes. [Lease End] said didn't he, we couldn't be guaranteed permanent accommodation. I don't want to move to move again, not again.

None of these moves have been a choice that comes from me, except perhaps the first, because my son's father said I couldn't bring up our baby in a studio and suggested I move with him into his brother's flat here in Camden. I didn't listen to my instinct, I listened to reason, and I'm still paying the price for that.

I want to take my son home, finally. I don't live in a world where I can do that though and I don't understand why.

I'm sure you don't underestimate how all all this affects me. I'm lucky though, I 'look' ok. I 'look' well. The council certainly underestimates it, despite all the letters from medical professionals.

I absolutely want to help you help me. It's what I said to the shrink all those years ago: "help me help myself". I want to help you help me help my son. I want me and my son to reach that 'other world'. I want to stop worrying about our housing.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Kind regards

Sue de Nim

I've not heard from him since, but yesterday Allocations cc'd him and Lease End and Support Worker and Quality in her email to me.

On Friday I told the Libdem Leader I wrote to his camp before Christmas. I was wrong, I wrote to him in January.

Remember what I said to you? Que sera sera...!

It's all a bit bonkers don't you reckon?!

Like I said, I couldn't make it up, meeting him the way I did, when I did.

I don't know who I can turn to for advice....

Help! I need somebody,
Help! not just anybody,
Help! you know I need someone,
heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody's help in any way.
But now these days are gone,
I'm not so self assured,
Now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling WAAAAH
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me keep my feet stuck to the ground,
Won't you please, please help me?

And now my life has changed
in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I've never done before.

Help me if you can, it's all gone maaaaaad
And I would appreciate you being round.
Help me keep my feet stuck to the ground,
Won't you please, please help me, help me, help me, oh.

(Stiggers has hardly had to tweak these Beatles lyrics at all! I don't think even stiggers can help me now, she needs the help as much as I do. Gulp.)

No comments: