Tuesday 18 January 2011

Appointment at the job centre

I was so nervous. Would today be the day I'm pushed onto job seekers?
I had my doctor's note with me. Nice doc's signed me off for six weeks.
I didn't pull it out in the end, no need.

What a lovely woman, my consultant! Makes things a whole lot easier, and to be fair I've never had an unkind one, but she was just was just the best I've ever seen.

My records showed that I'm eligible for full time work.
"I'd actually like part-time work," I said.
"Yes, I think that would be better for you." First surprise of the day!!
"To be honest, I'm scared about going to work. My rent is £345 a week."
"What? Oh no. That's going to make it very difficult for you." (Thank you for understanding)
"I know and it's not even my fault. It's temporary accommodation again. I didn't cherry pick this flat. It's much better than the last place, but I didn't choose it and I certainly didn't choose the rent."

She took me through what I could gain in terms of working tax credits, child tax credits, job allowance when I return.

It didn't make me feel better I regret to say.

The good news is I don't have to move to jobseekers until September. I can breathe abit until at least then.

Best not to think about it for a while but she gave me numbers for when I do.

I had a fag when I came out, but consciously this time. I'm smoking alot alot on purpose, a little a little automatically.

No comments: