Friday 14 January 2011

Nico Teen and Al Cohol

I was a non smoker last week. Yes, quite delightful in some ways. Much of what I'm blogging about smoking now has the benefit and knowledge of that recent giving up experience, so bare with me.

Although triggers for having a cigarette can be plentiful - just woken up, just finished a meal, goes lovely with the coffee, about to blog another post, that kind of thing - a biggie is Al Cohol.

Last week a friend came round. Not for dinner but I fed him anyway and we drank alot. It was my first time drinking without Nico Teen and I had not one little bit of tobacco in the house.

I asked my friend if he'd watch my son while I popped out to the shops. He refused. If it was for a pint of milk he'd have gladly done so. For a pack of fags, nah.

I accepted it. Probably for the best, I hadn't had a fag for three days, why undo it all.

Every now and then though I'd get a rush of desire. I knew that all I really wanted was two or three hits, that's all, not the whole thing, so told myself that and 'rode the wave', because that's what it felt like, riding a wave (I've boogie boarded but never surfed, just thought I'd tell you that).

Last night my brother watched his nephew while I popped out to the shops for a ten pack of Mayfair (£3.31) and another bottle of wine ('Siren' - a red South African Cabernet Sauvignon, in the sale for £3, Not bad at all but then what do I know about wine...)

It would have been a great evening if it hadn't descended into a row, but there we go, it did but I won't trouble you with that!

I'll do it this time, the stopping smoking lark. I want to and Allen Carr is going to help me, may he rest in peace.

No comments: