Tuesday 18 January 2011

Barriers to work - housing benefit

"The government are going to cap rents, so the maximum for a 2 bedroom flat will be £290 a week. My rent is £345 a week, what am I going to do?"
"The changes are happening in April," said the job centre consultant. I don't know, you'll have to talk to your local councillor." Other than that, she was at a total loss of what to say or how to advise me.

Thousands of us, thousands will be screwed then, screwed right to a sticking place
Rent arrears
Eviction

"Concentrate on getting better," she said. "Concentrate on your mental health"

Aaargh, the thought of work is too much, too flipping much.

How do you do it, single mother out there. Tell me, how do you fecking do it????

You can answer that if you want but you don't have to answer that - way too flipping complex:-/

No comments: