Friday 14 January 2011

Smoking and the social aspect

The social aspect to smoking is what I shall miss the most. I've met brilliant people as a smoker. Spoken to people I might ordinarily not, at work, outside a pub. People have spoken to me, who might ordinarily not. We're kindred folk we smokers, there's a level at which we understand each other.
My goodness, twas Nico Teen who got me my break in journalism, out there on a balcony chatting to a woman with connections who otherwise might not have given me the time of day.

Smokers are alright you know! As a non smoker I'm alright too! Off my head, as well demonstrated by hundreds of posts, but alright!

That's it, I'm done writing about smoking. I'll write about it one more time, after I've been to one of the Allen Carr workshops. A man left a comment on a post earlier asking me to send him my details and he'll send me a comp. How nice is that?! I've sent him an email so we'll see.

Got to make the changes hey? The first positive outcome to the changes I'm trying to make. From a man who might not have ordinarily given me the time of day!

Que sera sera ey Doris?!
You hear that stiggers!
Or have I heard you?
I've still no idea who drives this bloomin' blog!!

No comments: