Sunday 30 January 2011

Ten Instructions

Number 1: RELAX
Number 2:
Number 2:
Number 3?
Number 10: IF YOU FIND IT EASY TO STOP YOU MAY FIND IT EASY TO START AGAIN
Number 4:
Number 5?
Number 6: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUST ONE CIGARETTE
or was that Number 7?

You take with you what you need to remember. I want this lovely feeling I've got to last but there's the school gates tomorrow, child's social worker on Tuesday. Nothing changes because I've stopped smoking
but here's a thing
I needed to be quite brave to stop and what I've been given in return for that bravery is more bravery, more courage.
I didn't give anything up for these things.
Perhaps there was an instruction to remember that too!
Nicoteen was neither crutch nor companion just a toxic compound in a poisonous plant, wrapped up in white to make it look like something worthwhile.
I haven't needed a glass of water all day, but I need one now!

No comments: