Wednesday 12 January 2011

Stumbling blocks

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, arranged by the social services who will sit in on this meeting I do not want.

"Oh hello doctor, last time I saw you, you were complicit with the social services in blackmailing me."

Trust has gone. The things I want to talk about I can't, especially with two men sitting there who are eager to tick a box that I am in some way failing my child.

I had an appointment with the job centre in the morning but I changed it to next week. Too much to deal with in one day.

I tell you this perhaps because although I may not blog as much as before, because housing did dominate and I am now happy where I am, the difficulty of a life on benefits will have its challenges.

Why?
My rent is £345 a week.
£100 extra for an extra bedroom.
Never mind cuts to housing benefits seeing me drown
I'm being forced back to work.
I want to go back to work.
A full time deputy editor on a magazine I never earnt that sum.
On top, Camden are cutting funds to all play services.
My son's after school club may have to go.
What will I, what will everyone else do?

I'm not bidding yet, that's for sure. I was unsuccessful when in desperate need, I don't need reminding of that, don't need weekly reminding that this roof is insecure..

So Nico Teen, gonna chat about you alot!
A week without you and you're back.
Not for long buddy, not for long.

Allen Carr and Stigmum, is that all a girl needs?

2 comments:

PippaD said...

I'm glad to see you back, but sad that you have to be if you see what I mean.

Stigmum said...

Oh thanks Pippa, and yes, I understand what you mean. I didn't come back because I have to though, I came back because I wanted to. Not sure that's a good idea, I also wanted to leave Stigmum in cyberspace as I moved on. Couldn't think of a parallel blog though. Perhaps that's not the right time for that though (I'd only be writing about similar things)! Coming back I'm in a whirl! I can't keep going as I did before, but stiggers will guide me I guess. Hope your year has started well and continues to do so! I'll come visit you soon, I'm glad to be back blogging too! xxx