Friday 21 January 2011

"It's true, you bare the brunt of it"

Fuck I'm glad I'm still smoking. No, no, maybe I'm glad I'm still blogging. Either way, if I had nothing, I would not be able to handle the housing officer's visit just now.

"This flat is £345 a week," I said to him (nice guy by the way). "In April benefit cuts are going to be introduced, with 2 bedroom flat allocations dropping to £290 a week. What is going to happen to me and my son?"

"Well, we don't know at the moment, obviously we are going to have to wait and see, talk to property owners to see if they'll drop the rent. You haven't had a possession notice have you?"

"No," I said, then "well yes, I got a 'notice requiring possession' the day I moved in. "Routine"."
"It's not the same."
"Yeah I know, can't think about that but what is annoying me is that the property owners here probably DO set their rent at £290 but the housing association adds £40 or £50 on top of that in admin fees. Neither they or the property owners will suffer with these cuts, no, the ones to suffer will be me and my son. We've just moved in for christ's sake, just got over a long flipping battle of eviction, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO US?"

"It's true, you bare the brunt of it. 90% of (the housing association) stock is privately owned properties, alot of people are going to be affected by this."

"Argh, but it makes me so angry. The property owner sets his or her rent and then the housing association, the 'charity' creams a profit off the top. We, we, we, me and my son are the ones who get hurt."

Fuck I was mad. Calm psychotic fury of yesteryear (cos we are in January after all, we only moved in two months ago)

I told him I wanted to talk to the Housing Association manager AND the property owner about this. Appeal to their flipping conscience. Me and my son, a fourth fucking eviction, I can't flipping handle it, as well you might understand if you are one of the old followers who occasionally commented the last time.

Well, I'm back at where I was aren't I?

I've got to take five thousand million deep breaths and work out just what I have to do about all this.

I've got until April.

For fucks sake, April. It's round the fecking corner.

Thank you Stigmum, for allowing me to release this shit.

Come on Nico Teen. I know I shouldn't. It's not myself I should be hurting right now, but sod it.

Thank God I've got a nice friend filled weekend with my son coming up.

So wish I didn't have a hangover as well, it's making me feel weak and utterly powerless.

No comments: