Wednesday 19 January 2011

New Moons and Resolutions

On New Years Day I resolved to stop biting my nails. Out in my parent's garden with Nico Teen, I thought quite hard about what to do (owing largely to the volume of wine I'd sunk the night before, it was not an easy task)
Stopping smoking only crossed my mind because it didn't cross my mind and I ruled it out straight away. Not today, I thought. You'll fail. Besides, don't want to, I need it.
Then an idea popped into my head: "Why don't you go back to London a non-smoker?"
I thought this was quite novel!
My sister in law, who's never smoked, said I wasn't ready.
The idea kept popping into my head though, like a woodpecker chipping away in the forest of my mind.

Bro and sis in law left England on the morning of January 4th. My son and I came back to London in the afternoon.

It should be a day like any other day but according to my magazine it was a special day.

New Moon - January 4th
Although we begin the month with the tail end of the waning Moon, the new Moon comes into force on the 4th and is tghe time to make big life-changing choices; so what ever your dreams, start planning for them now. Get a notebook and write down everything you want and don't want in your life. Being the first new Moon of the New Year, it's time to dream big, because the bigger the your dreams are, the better chance you have of making them a reality. (Soul & Spirit January 2011, p.13)

I smoked a final cigarette over my son's head at the train station thinking what a good coincidence, the new Moon! By the next full Moon, I would do something about my borough's housing problem too!

The intentions were there, strong, forward looking, positive.

Today my nails remain picked and bitten, Nico Teen is still a huge part of my life, and the borough's housing problems remain untouched by me.

I couldn't have foreseen how the early days of the year would play out but it's a full Moon today so a perfect moment to get back on track.

No pressure
heh heh heh

No comments: