Saturday 15 January 2011

The party's over!

I was invited to a party in a pub last night. A dad I know had hired out the top room for his half century celebrations. His band was going to be playing. I was going to pop my head in, say happy birthday, have a drink, go home.

My friend Annie called, we chatted for a while, quite a while! I suggested the party to her because I knew the music would be good.

When we got there it was finished! Other members of the band were playing to an empty room! We went downstairs to get a drink and there was birthday boy, fuming, because everyone had gone home early!

The pub allows children so when they play gigs, I can actually take my son. All the children got taken home, obviously much to this dad's rage who said other nights they stay up until midnight, so why not tonight??? I bought him a pint of ale. Happy birthday mate, you're still here!

It was a good night!

(There's a point in the next post where I really could have gone either way with what I continued to write, so I thought I'd write about this, it's not good to dwell and I always go away thinking of what I've just written! )

I am clear in my mind
I am clear in my mind
I AM CLEAR IN MY MIND

No comments: