Thursday 13 January 2011

Visit to the doctor No 9?

What a turn of events! Yesterday afternoon the doctor's surgery called me to say the appointment for today has been cancelled! I should call to make another in the morning with a new doctor!

"Social workers arranged it, not me. Should I get them to re-arrange it?"

It's fortuitous, it really is. I was dreading facing my doctor again. She might be a nice person but how do you go back after that last meeting? This change is an opportunity to get a new doctor, which I planned on doing at some point.

I called the surgery this morning. The appointment's at 4 o'clock. Not ideal given it's outside school hours, but as I said to the receptionist, if two social workers were planning on coming, then one of them can look after the lad!

All's well that ends well I hope. I'm going to ask to be signed off work. Well, not work exactly, I want a job, I want to ask to be signed off jobseeker's allowance.

Apparantly you can't do courses on jobseekers, if it is outside their remit (ie another Masters, which I didn't plan on doing anyway, anything at CityLit.. you have to do training they have on their books, computer courses and the like)

Two ideas I have: A course on teaching adults or else seeing if I can get an internship at a social research organisation. Sadly these people are unlikely to give me a job, I've been too long out of it.

I'll also tell them I'm going to go to Women and Health, and chase my own therapy. I need to do this for myself. Once and for all, I need to nail my demons and start to value who I am.

Try it if you need to. However big, however small, if you have a dark stone within you, you owe it to yourself to get rid of it. If someone can help you do that, all the better.

I personally have to do it quickly. The desire to move on is overwhelming.

No comments: