Saturday 7 November 2009

Banana Remedies

Bath And Nurofen And No Alcohol! Read it in Josie Lloyd's Come Together years ago and thought it funny and quite apt!

I didn't drink masses last night. I went clubbing! Last time I went clubbing I was in my early twenties, my friend Sunny and I would take a train from Reading and dance until dawn on nothing but water. She didn't drink and neither of us took drugs.

Last night, I had a couple of vodka redbulls before we hit the club in Elephant and Castle, then a beer or two when I got there. Thing is with dancing to techno music though was the alcohol really dehydrated me, so just like my twenty something self, I kept on going to replenish my beer bottle with water from the loos!

The club was so packed and so dark, my fear that wearing something bright would draw attention to me made no difference, which was a relief. You see, in a retail therapy sod it moment yesterday a little RED dress caught my eye in Hennes. I tried it on and it fit! You could alter the straps so although I rarely bust out of anything, the dress wouldn't slip and reveal all. (Although at one point a strap did come undone but Annie was there to fix it back on!)

It cost £20. I haven't bought myself clothes for ages and I so wanted to change out of my life! So although I pledged that I'd wear black, well, I was in a very sod it mood yesterday.

I bopped up and down to my hearts content, blissfully ignored by everyone! Where did the energy come from? I do not know. By 5am I was fading and fading fast.

I got the tube home with Annie and her friend then at Chalk farm waited and waited and waited for a bus to carry me home. When it finally came up the road, it flew past me! Aargh!!

So I had to walk the mile and a half home. In heels. Got in at 7.30am. Needless to say, I am shattered! I am not the girl I used to be!!

Right now, I'm going to drag my sorry corpse over to Victoria Park. Issy texted suggesting cinema but it's my neice's birthday and my brother's got access. More walking, more walking! On the bright side, it's good practice, for in two weeks time I'll wager I'll be dragging my sorry corpse around the city from the third mile on! Tonight is a test! I can do it, I can do it!

Oh and incase you're wondering, a £30 charity subscription and a £20 dress? My brother bought me lovely Nico Teen from one of his work junkets abroad. It's saved me a small fortune, which of course I've duly gone off and spent. On myself. Hmmm. Possibly not so good....fun though...eek.

No comments: