Tuesday 17 November 2009

Hampstead Heath, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Highgate Wood

Miles: 15.28
Calories: 640
Time: 3.09
Steps: 23051

I'm liking my pedometer today!

Choosing to walk to the parks today was the best idea. Oh so much swirled through the motherboard but when I actually looked out instead of inward, beauty surrounded me. Hampstead Heath, you know, I love. At this time of year with the changing leaves it's so glorious it really helped my state of mind.

I've never actually been to Hampstead Garden Suburb or Highgate Wood. The latter is just just just oh there's no word for how just! I sat on a bench and watched the sun stream through and imagined fairies and pixies and all wonderful forest creatures real and mythical.

Quite odd then that Queen songs were playing in my head. Not so odd I guess as it was Queen Week on X Factor on Saturday. Odd the words Stiggers was rearranging:

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from my life
I'm so dissatisfied I don't like it
God knows, God knows I want to break free

AND....

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
Small escape from reality
Open my eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor girl
I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come easy go
Sometimes high, sometimes low
Anyway the wind blows
Sad it really matters to me, to me

Mama, I just killed myself
Put a gun against my head
Pulled the trigger now I'm dead
Mama, life aint much fun
So now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama (ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooooh)
Didn't mean to make you cry
I know I won't be back again tomorrow
But carry on, carry on

That's as far as it went. I asked the Motherboard what was the problem, I was in a stunning place. My mind then swooped into my past, asked me why I didn't like asking ordinary people for money, found the answer, told me to get over myself. Then told me to execute last Friday's plan to walk to the city and ask strangers in suits, then suggested I spend Friday morning lolling around Camden asking people in pubs. Fifteen miles went surprisingly quickly.

Got back to my 'hood and supermario sponsored me, and the sales assistant at the local party shop!
Then just now I've re-emailed the banking ceo's, cc'ing the ceo who did make a donation. Cheeky I know but I wanted the three big un's to see the generosity of one of their peers.

Well! I've targets to hit! If I went off and upped it to £1000, I better bloomin' try and deliver it and to do that, I have to ask ordinary people. Ordinary people are more likely to give, for I am an ordinary person. I might not like it BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME.

No comments: