Wednesday 25 November 2009

Post Big Walk Blues

Argh, you know when you spend two weeks away from your life, somewhere sunny soaking up the sea, or up a mountain breathing in the view, you have to come home and get on with the life you left behind?

Colleagues ask you if you had a good time and you say "yeah baby!" or something similar but by day two, well you don't want to bang on about it and bore them half to death so you shut up about it but carry on wishing you were still on said beach or said hillside and your heart feels all achy achy.

Back in my worky worky days, when I'd take time off to go to wondrous places, I would come home and feel like this.

So imagine my surprise to feel exactly this when I haven't gone anywhere. Training and fundraising for a Big Walk a holiday? Seems so. Post Big Walk "holiday" achy achy feelings? Seems so.

Elton John's been singing in my ear. Yeah I know, he doesn't sing about post holiday blues but Stigmum, she'll make anything out of anything, and she knows I'm unhappy we're back to infinitely dull housing battles.

Just wish it away
Don't look at it like it's forever
Between you and me I could honestly say
That things can only get better

Now I'm back from away
Dust out the demons inside
And it won't be long before you and me run
To the place in our hearts where we hide

And I guess that's why they call it the blues
Time on my hands, could be time spent with you
Laughing with my son, living with this playmate
Rolling like thunder, the present can be great
So hurry up and sweep off the blues!

No comments: