Friday 20 November 2009

It's this evening, and I'm wired....

Tonight I start walking and I'm wired. I could sit here and write and write about all I haven't written about these past two weeks of intensive training and fundraising but I know that if I do this, I will not make the walk tonight.

A school association Winter Fair meeting at the coffee shop. Coffee man gave me a free double expresso saying good luck for tonight.

I'd arranged to meet Milly in Camden (Zat taking me, do you seriously think I can walk there and back in the state I'm in, today of all days???!) but she's just called to say she has to pick up her car from the mechanics and will meet me for a cuppa tea and a hug on the Heath in about an hour.

Then this afternoon I will have a nap. Many of the 200 plus walkers tonight are in offices working right now, they do not have this luxury. I work from home; the tidying and cleaning and all the rest can wait until Monday.

One last thank you into the ether for all those who have sponsored me and pledged donations. Street vendors do a terrific, difficult job selling the Big Issue magazine in all kinds of weather (pretty shit as I write as it happens). You wonderful people have enabled more money to go towards supporting them. I really can't thank you enough.

No comments: