Monday 23 November 2009

Karma

Yesterday I went to help Annie; she'd posted on Facebook that the Age of Stupid guys were getting ready for the climate convention in Copenhagen, was anyone free to lend a hand in preparation.

Well, yeah! I'd made no plans post walk and she mentioned music and beer!

When I got to their offices in Camden I smiled to myself at the karmic situation. What goes around, comes around! They had given me a free ticket to the Big Chill! It was not for this reason I was helping because I am one to forget my debts.

A super nice bunch they are. I met Franny Armstrong! Fortunately I resisted saying "nice to meet you!" I would have sounded very cheesy!

Twas not so easy what I had to do although it was easy what I had to do. First off post comments of those inspired by the film (I really, really, really want, need, must watch it!) Second off, help a few guys on the 'country pages'. Having not been part of the launch, global or national, this was hard so I only had to source press clippings. I was doing ok but just as I had to leave, really struggled to find anything in Germany! Damn damn for there were some as one of the guys emailed me some scans. Obviously lost some gifts from my own working days but it was good to help out....

Annie was working downstairs and me up so I didn't really get to see her but we decided she should come round to dinner one night as Christmas is coming and I'm away next weekend, she's away the one after.... We'll see if we can grab Issy and make a night of it, with beer and music!

I thought of the sponsorship Karma for the Big Walk too.

I posted the link on Facebook and emailed different groups with the link. A while ago, an anthropology friend hurled herself out of an aeroplane for charidee. Did I sponsor her? Did I????
She works with homeless people but of all people she was allowed not to sponsor me!!

What goes around does come around my friends!

No comments: