Monday 9 November 2009

Busy morning, blimey

I marched down to the Law Centre this morning and I have an appointment with them at half past one so I will march back again. Zat bike doesn't mind being neglected as it knows all my marching is practice for a good cause! I may ask the Law Centre to sponsor me so if they can't help me at least I leave with something that helps others.

I came home and I've been emailing everybody I know to sponsor me for the Big Issue Walk.

I am rather hoping I have not shot myself in the foot by emailing the council and asking them to donate. I told them: "My life is hard so I am doing something quite punishing but for a good cause." I hit send and then I wrote another email, telling them I had an accelerated court procedure for possession of my home in my hand from the Central London County Court, which is a clear indication that I will lose my home within months and do not have until next August to bid after all. I added that it was therefore a reasonable request to ask that I be banded into a higher priority and given priority points.

It feels very odd doing this personal homeless nightmare request in tandem with an objective homeless charity request to the very people who hold mine and my son's future in their hands.

My instincts are going full pelt. What are your thoughts? Me, I don't know what to think, I've got to run, I mean walk to my appointment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely the council can't leave you homeless? They housed me and my daughter when we had nowhere to go.
The walk could take your mind off things. It shows your caring nature, in contrast to your local council.

Stigmum said...

They're saying they won't leave us street homeless, they'll put us in a hostel but until my son and I are securely housed and all this threatening behaviour stops, I will feel homeless because home for me is somewhere I can raise my child, make plans for his future, not be so frightened all the time of eviction for no reason. Thank god for the walk! So timely to focus my mind on other things! xxx