Tuesday 3 November 2009

An email from 'quality' - woo hoo!

Late last night as I went into my inbox to rid it of junk mail I saw an email from 'quality'. Well I'll be blown! What a surprise!!

It was an inoffensive missive. He said he was "sorry" (blimey, they are ALL sorry) the letter gave me "cause for concern" but the housing association wouldn't evict me "immediately".

He understood, he said, why Pathmead's letter might concern me but on the other hand, he said: "a tenant may want a landlord to be as honest as possible about their intentions about a property, and that Pathmeads letter can't be criticised on that score." (I was criticising the Council 'quality', for saying I could stay until August which isn't true... you pretending you missed that...?)

He said he and 'allocations' would work with me "as much as possible, nearer the time, to secure alternative temporary accommodation," (no no no NO) "although we also hope that you have success with your bids for permanent accommodation as soon as possible," (yes yes yes YES).

He hoped this gave me some reassurance with respect to my future accommodation (er no) but to keep them informed "if any other matters give you cause for concern." (I have told them everything, well, apart from my son living so closely to alcoholics and the like).

I replied, straight away, rambling, for I do at late hours, how this was Groundhog Day, but not funny, I'd been through this with the church. Then I deleted references to Groundhog Day. Find something funny? Down here? They'll soon put pay to that! "I do not know when my 14 days will start," was how I toned it down, down, down.

I also told him I'd bid on five properties. Five! Near my son's school! "Five years I've been waiting, bidding, hoping for this nightmare to end. I don't want to go through complaint procedures, I just want to take my son home, once and for all."

Last week my support worker told me all managers had the power to use "their discretion" and he didn't know why they weren't using their discretion with me.

I reminded 'quality' that I wanted the Council to review my situation. "It now has my medical history I sent to you. Kind regards, Sue."

Stigmum is singing "Que sera sera" in my ear.
Shut it with your que sera sera stigmum. I'm not in the MOOOOD.
"For dancing, romancing!"
SHUT UP.
(Nolans??? For flips sake...)

No comments: