Sunday 8 November 2009

Trainers

I have a pair of trainers but I rarely wear them because they give me blisters. Maybe it's because I rarely wear them that they give me blisters, because a couple of years ago they were great for trudging up hills in the Lake District. Now though, I can't rely on them for my Big Walk.

I could buy a new pair. Steve's friend's boyfriend suggested I get a pair of ultra groovy orthopedic, takes your weight, keeps your spine aligned as you walk pair. He obviously did not know I'm on benefits.

Even if I wasn't on welfare though, could I really justify buying a pair of trainers for one night only? Ok, for the few training days before hand and the night itself but rarely step into them thereafter?

I'm not a trainer's gal so I think not.

So that's decided then, I shall wear my boots.

Although do orthopedic socks that take your weight exist which also keep your tootsies warm in sub freezing mid night temperatures? Hmmm, perhaps I should look into that....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think boots would hurt on such a long walk, but that isn't really any help to you is it? I understand the money situation, we struggle too. Buying something for one night is not something I could do either. You may have to become a trainers gal!

Stigmum said...

Yes, the footwear will become a challenge in itself!