Wednesday 18 November 2009

Quickly to Euston and back for a sleep

My, massive downer last night, saved by three friends and my mum getting in touch with me.

Phil told me not having any lunch, or any regular snacks, particularly on a 15 mile walk, was bound to make me feel down and I should eat; mood food: chocolate brazil nuts, cheese, turkey, wholemeal rice and pasta, tuna, fruit, plenty of greens, and herbal tea. Oh twas good to talk to her and understand the sudden onset of 'downer' was because my body reacted to the fish pie, as if to say "you haven't given me a damn thing to eat all day and you're going to pay right now with hot sweats and hating everybody and everything and feeling sick."

My mum then rang asking me if I was taking chocolate with me on my walks and I told her I'd forgotten, which I had and forgot again today.

Thrash'er (ha ha only at sport) sent a text wanting my fundraising link then rang and chatted for ages, despite my telling him I was knackered and must go to bed.

Then Fletch texted and suggested meeting in Euston in the morning and I replied that it wasn't on my route to Liverpool Street. Perhaps another time.

Woke up starving and felt very pukey. Forced a bowl of porridge down me then went outside for a fag. Thought "I cannot go to Liverpool Street. I cannot. It's too far, it's too... I need to stay close."

So I thought I'd text Fletch after all, meet him for coffee. Then I thought Kings Cross St Pancras! The Champagne Bar! I should go there and see if anyone there will sponsor me!

I was a corpse at Euston Station asking strangers to sponsor me.

Now I'm done in. I've told myself to seriously rest tomorrow and Friday or I'll never make the walk. I can tell you about today another time.

My "quickly to Euston and back for a sleep" plan came to this on the pedometer:

Miles: 12.39
Calories: 519
Time: 2.3340 (I left home at 9.45am and got home at 4.45pm)
Steps: 18699

So yes, quickly to Euston and NOW to sleep.........

No comments: