Friday 27 November 2009

Black Dogs and Doris

In Kentish Town earlier to buy wrapping paper for K's birthday present and I pass the PDSA charity shop. I dunno, I'm thinking of the Black Dog and I pop in for a browse.

What do I see in the CD section????

Doris!!!!!!!!

One copy! I have to buy it, simply have to, being a fully fledged member of The School of Doris!

It didn't have her signature tune but who cares!! £2.99 went to dogs and cats and all kinds of pets!

She's been hollering ever since! She was singing "Mister Tap Toe" when Mr Gray popped round to see how I was. "What a coincidence," I said as he asked me how I was. "I've just written to the council." He said he'd put in a call to Quality...

Oh Doris! Que sera sera? Que sera sera Doris?

2 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Ooh, haven't been to Kentish Town for an age!! Makes me want to leg it up to North London now.

I take it you mean THE Doris? As in Day? Wonderful. Had such a lovely voice. And her films were wonderful too.As you know xxx

Stigmum said...

THE Doris indeed!! I'd love to sing her a la Sex Pistols! She's amazing, that's why I've set up School of Doris and you Mrs, are more than welcome to become a member!!