Thursday 5 November 2009

Bidding for the best there is

Four properties I bid on last week have been "offered to others". The street property has been "withdrawn". As a direct let for me? Naturally!

I was 69 out of 280 bidders for one tower
I was 82 out of 289 for the other

Shouldn't that be 78 out of 289? They like to make you feel thick down here.

I tried to think positively as I jaywalked across the road after running the boy to school ("Slow down mummy, you're going too fast!" "That's because we're late. Again...")

The sun shone in my face and I thought " There is light at the end of my tunnel!"

I have bid on two properties this week. Two! One is over the road. It's in a fairly sprawling estate, a bit grim, the PM came the other week and was enlightened on the stabbings and so on that take place there. A good place, methinks, to raise my son.

The other is the ground floor of a block over in Highgate, a short bike ride, which "has five external steps". The priority will be given to those "with a medical need for ground" (me me and Zat!), "then those with overcrowding" (me me and my son!) "and applicants with children under the age of 5 who live above the 2nd floor" (Oh! Not me... up on the 6th, my child has been legally entitled to his own room since the age of 5...)

The perk of this flat is that it's near the cemetry so undertakers wouldn't have to carry me far to dump me into a paupers pit.

Well... I'm not far off the pension I'm unlikely to get. You've got to be practical in your choices.

No comments: